Super Bowl LI comes to us on February 5th 2017, as the Atlanta Falcons and probable NFL MVP Matt Ryan take on the New England Patriots, in what will be the Patriots seventh Super Bowl appearance of the Tom Brady and Bill Belichick era. It’s the Super Bowl, and everyone will be drinking heavily, so we decided to create the Super Bowl LI drinking game. These are too many rules for any one drinker to follow, so our suggestion would be to put the drinking rules into a hat and have everyone at your Super Bowl party pick out a few, so your whole party is not vomiting by the third quarter:
Take A Sip When:
– DeflateGate is mentioned.
– Matt Ryan is called “Matty Ice.”
– Roger Goodell is shown in the stands.
– A coach is shown covering his mouth while talking.
– Dwight Freeny’s age is mentioned.
– The fact that this is Tom Brady and Bill Belichick’s seventh Super Bowl appearance is mentioned.
– Every time Joe Buck praises Troy Aikman and his playing days Dallas Cowboys.
– A commercial features a talking animal.
– Every play over 25 yards by either team.
– Either team kicks a field goal.
– Either team kicks an extra point.
Take Two Sips When:
– An injured Rob Gronkowski is shown.
– Bill Belichick or Tom Brady is referred to as the Greatest of All-Time.
– Matt Ryan is described using the term “Elite”
– Chris Hogan’s lacrosse background or the fact that the attended Monmouth University are mentioned.
– Tom Brady’s wife Gisele Bundchen is shown or mentioned.
– Patriots backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo is discussed.
– A commercial shows a chick in a bikini.
– Every play over 50 yards.
– Every offensive touchdown.
– Every sack.
Take Three Sips When:
– Patriots fans harass Roger Goodell.
– Eli Manning or the New York Giants, the only team to defeat the Patriots in the Super Bowl, are mentioned.
– The fact that Matt Ryan and Eli Manning discussed how to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl is mentioned.
– Spygate is mentioned
– Bill Belichick’s hoodie is mentioned.
– It’s mentioned that three of the Patriots top defensive backs attended Rutgers University.
– Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler’s game winning interception in Super Bowl XLIX is shown.
– It’s mentioned that Patriots defensive end Chris Long was drafted before Matt Ryan in the 2008 NFL Draft.
– It’s mentioned that Patriots defensive end Chris Long is the son of Hall Of Famer Howie Long, or that his brother Kyle Long plays offensive line for the Chicago Bears.
– Lady Gaga does something Anti-Trump during the halftime show.
– A commercial attempts to make a political statement.
– Every interception.
– Every Fumble.
– Missed field goal.
Drink Half A Beer:
– The friendship between Tom Brady or Robert Kraft and President Donald Trump is mentioned.
– It’s mentioned that the Dolphins and Rams passed on Matt Ryan at the top of the 2008 NFL Draft.
– The fact that the Patriots traded linebacker Jamie Collins to the Browns midseason is mentioned.
– The fact that the Patriots traded pass rusher Chandler Jones to the Arizona Cardinals prior to the season is mentioned.
– Atlanta Falcons left tackle Jake Matthews’ “football pedigree” is mentioned.
– If player or players kneel during the National Anthem.
– Kickoff return touchdown.
– Punt return touchdown.
– Defensive touchdown.
– Penalty for excessive celebration.
Finish Your Beer:
– It’s mentioned that Troy Aikman looks exactly like a white version of Jay-Z.
– Lady Gaga has a wardrobe malfunction during the Super Bowl halftime show.
– The fact that LeGarrette Blount sucker punched a Boise State player and got him kicked off the team at University of Oregon is mentioned.
– It’s mentioned that Matt Ryan earned the nickname “Matty Ice” at Boston College when he only drank Natural Ice (Natty Ice) beer.
– The Erin Andrews leaked peephole video is mentioned.
– Joe Buck mentions the spread prop bets or the over/under.
– It’s mentioned that Troy Aikman hates Skip Bayless and is disgusted with the fact they work for the same network.
– Joe Buck discusses overcoming his addiction to hair plugs, which he revealed in his recent book.
– Missed extra point.
– Quarterback Sneak Touchdown.
– Fat guy touchdown.
– Have a suggestion for another rule? Leave it in the comments field below.