Today’s map comes from the Cooking Channel, which asked viewers to vote on each state’s favorite/signature food. The results can be seen above, and you can get more details (and recipes) here. A lot of delicious choices, but also some controversial ones, including calling it fried ravioli instead of toasted in Missouri. Let the arguments begin!
A few things jump out at me here…
1. East Coast >>>>> The rest of the country. A step further, the Northeast >>>> The rest of the country
2. Oklahoma got robbed. Okra sucks… I don’t care if it’s fried in cornmeal.
3. The top dessert food goes to Mississippi for the Mud Pie
4. They nailed New Jersey. I actually am going to eat Pork Roll, Egg, & Cheese for lunch now to celebrate
5. Vegas’ all you can eat buffet was a good addition
6. What the hell is a Finger Steak and where can I get one?
7. I feel like Colorado could have done a lot better…
8. Is it just me or do all the lines not match up properly on this map?
9. West Virginia would have Hot Pockets as their food
10. I’m hungry now