Maybe the preseason predictions were right. Are the Jets one of the worst 2 teams in the NFL this season? A couple penalties aren’t called and a few more missed field goals, and we may be talking about this season in a completely different light. From Pro-Footbal Reference:
- The Jets are ranked 31st overall with a -85 Point Differential. Only the Jaguars are worse.
- The Jets takeaway/giveaway differential is last in all of football at -14 (Thanks Geno).
- The Offense has scored the 31st fewest points in the league at 183.
- The Defense has given up the 27th most points in the league at 268
- Pro-Football Reference’s Expected W-L is 2.9-7.1 (formula uses points scored/against)
These numbers tell a much different story than 5-5 with wins against both the Patriots and Saints. These numbers are bleak… and would spell a sure end to the Rex Ryan era and a likely round 1 QB draft pick. The next few weeks will be telling. I like Rex, I do. But this team needs offensive talent starting at the QB position and I am not ready to sit back and see if Geno develops and waste the best years of this young DL. A QB competition, at a minimum, is needed next season.