Kansas.com Two brothers who were celebrating a $75,000 winning lottery ticket by purchasing marijuana and meth accidentally blew up their house on Friday, said Sgt. Bruce Watts of the Wichita Police Department. The explosion sent one of the brothers – a 27-year-old – to the hospital, where he remains in serious but stable condition with second-degree burns on his hands, arms and chest. The other brother was sent to jail, Watts said. The brothers were in a house in the 100 block of North Nevada Court, near Douglas and West Street, about 7 p.m. Friday, Watts said. One of the brothers went to the kitchen to refuel the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs. He emptied a couple of large cans of butane lighter fluid, leaking butane into the air. “The butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, and as you might expect, ka-boom,” Watts said. The victim was wearing a lottery T-shirt during the explosion. The victim’s girlfriend loaded him and some children into a car and took him to the Via Christi Hospital on St. Francis emergency room, where she dropped him off and left.Officers went to the house with a warrant, where the other brother ran out, admitting he had marijuana and methamphetamine. He was arrested.
These two brothers have got the right idea, they win $75,000.00 in the lottery, which of course calls for a celebration! What better way to celebrate your big win than rushing to your dealer’s house to buy weed and meth then accidentally blow up your house lighting a bong? That will seriously harsh your lottery winning buzz.
The good news is the brothers now have bail money, money to pay their hospital bills, and money to rebuild the house they accidentally blew up. Damn, there goes the $75k you guys just won, but it is probably worth it for the story alone. At least to us here at SportSmasher it was totally worth it.