The New York Jets have got to be fucking joking posting a message like this, and Jets fans everywhere should be insulted. The “Ups and Downs” of 2012? I have conveniently listed the ups and downs for you below:
– Beat the lowly Bills on openings day.
– Only lost to the Patriots by 3 once.
– Traded for Tim Tebow, starting a quarterback controversy with starter Mark Sanchez.
– Didn’t use Tim Tebow.
– Went 0-4 in the preaseason.
– Star cornerback Darrelle Revis leaves the season opening win against Buffalo after getting a concussion after colliding with teammate Bart Scott. He misses a week 2 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, only to return in week three and tear his ACL, ending his season.
– Got shut out and blown out at home by the 49ers week 4.
– Benched Sanchez, didn’t play Tebow, instead played Greg McElroy.
– Number one fan and quasi-mascot Fireman Ed quits on team, retires, still a huge self-important douchebag.
– Somehow still have a shot at the playoffs in a Monday Night Football game against the lowly Tennessee Titans week 15. Sanchez throws four horrific interceptions. Jets lose.
– Officially bench Sanchez, start McElroy over Tebow again.
– McElroy gets a concussion. Un-bench the man once called Sanchize for the season finale, a loss to the Bills.
– Fire General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.
– Rex Ryan unveils tattoo of his wife “Tebowing” wearing nothing but a Sanchez jersey.
– Jets fans reportedly selling their $30,000 PSLs for $10,000 taking a $20,000 loss.
Ups and downs? More like SAME OLD JETS.