Sun Sentinel Detectives are investigating the death of Edward Archbold, a 32-year-old West Palm Beach man, who collapsed and died after eating dozens of roaches and worms in an insect-eating contest on Friday at the Ben Siegel Reptiles store Deerfield Beach, reports the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. The grand prize was a python, investigators said. They’re all captive bred bugs. They’re bred in sterile conditions,” Siegel said. “They’re not bugs we go catch. They’re bred for exotic pet feed and they’re completely safe.”
Soon after the contest was over, Archbold, the winner, began to regurgitate before collapsing in front of the store, investigators said.
The reason people compete on Fear Factor with my main man Joe Rogan is because, after they eat cockroaches and go bobbing for apples in donkey semen, they win a million dollars. Not a python! You live in Florida, dude, I was just watching Swamp Wars on Animal Planet and they are catching pythons left and right in the Everglades. So many pythons have escaped captivity from your meth head residents that they have established a breeding population. Go catch a python in the swamp if you want one so bad, instead of eating so many cockroaches that you drop dead, to win a snake that is considered a pest in my own backyard. For a million bucks, I’ll risk overdosing on cockroaches, but not for a $100 snake.
Thus concludes another episode of “Fucking Florida: Tales from America’s Most Fucked Up State” for more click the tag on this page.
UPDATE -Here is Edward Archbold, who looks like both a man who would eat cockroaches at the chance to win a python and Dave Navarro: