If you are anything like SportSmasher and myself… not only do you enjoy the NFL Draft, but you are a raging alcoholic. For the past 7 years, we have gotten together for every NFL Draft to watch the event, drink our faces off, and ogle Mel Kiper’s hair (mostly the last one). A good drinking game can make every event better so why not implement one at your draft party (or while sitting alone on your couch) this year.
Mock Draft Drinking Game
Step 1: Download the SportSmasher 2012 NFL Mock Draft Creator Spreadsheet
Step 2: Each alcoholic fills it out
Step 3: Buy beer… a lot of beer
The Rules: You will be drinking for every incorrect pick. The early picks are easier, so if you get those wrong you will be drinking more. It’s a simple concept. An incorrect pick at #1 overall is worth 32 seconds of drinking. A wrong pick #2 is worth 31 seconds of drinking. This continues until you get the Giants pick wrong at #32 and drink for just 1 second. Don’t worry; you will be hammered by then.
This simple drinking game will get you through round 1 on Thursday night.
Step 4: Call out of work on Friday
For some of you… this may not be enough drinking. Not to worry. Simply add the following wildcard drinking scenarios to your drinking game and extend the bender throughout the weekend.
Wildcard Drinking Scenarios
Drink every time:
- Rodger Goodell is booed
- There is a trade
- The Saints Bounty Gate scandal is referenced
- A kicker is taken
- A QB bust is shown. Examples include Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell.
- A buzzword is used. Examples include: “upside”, “intangibles”, “motor”, or “character concerns”, “high ceiling”, “knee bend”
- Chris Berman tries to rhyme words that don’t actually rhyme
- There is a reference to Peyton Manning or Tim Tebow
- Someone mentions Mel Kiper’s hair
- Kiper and McShay disagree on Ryan Tannenhill
- Chug a beer when they show the New York Jets Draft Blunders clip (chug two if you are a Jet fan)